Drum cartridges help distribute toner evenly in print and photocopy machines, and the cartridges cannot be recycled along with the toner cartridges. Removing the spent drum cartridge is easy and recycling it helps keep waste out of landfills.
How do you dispose of printer drums?
California Electronic Waste Recycling Act
- Calrecycle’s Electronic Recycling Locator – Drop-off locations for computers, laptops and other electronics.
- Best Buy – Stores will accepts most cell phones, electronics, computers, televisions and ink cartridges and will take them at no charge.
Is Brother drum unit recyclable?
Every part of your used Brother inkjet cartridge can be returned to us to be recycled.
Does Staples Recycle printer drums?
ELECTRONIC WASTE RECYCLING
Staples has been offering free office electronics recycling to all retail customers in the U.S. since 2012. … Staples also accepts ink and toner cartridges for free recycling in our retail stores, through staples.com and through our Staples Business Advantage operations.
Can HP toner collection unit be recycled?
3. Use recycling toner collection units. Another component of responsible printing is proper handling of the toner collection unit (TCU), also known as “collection kits.” These can be returned only with toner cartridges, but they are recyclable.
How do you recycle toner drums?
Recycle your empty cartridges at designated kiosks at Walmart, Target, and Best Buy. Mail your empty ink cartridges back to the original manufacturer. Recycle with a third-party recycling facility. Drop your inkjet cartridges off at your local recycling center.
How do you get rid of old printers?
You generally have three main options when considering what to do with old printers:
- Recycle. The easiest way to get rid of an old printer is to recycle it. …
- Donate. There are organizations and schools out there where you could donate your printer to someone who still needs it.
Are used printer cartridges worth anything?
Big-box office-supply stores like OfficeDepot and Staples will recycle ink cartridges and even have ink cartridge recycling reward programs. These stores will give you $2 in store credit for each qualifying cartridge that you turn in, up to a maximum of 10 empty cartridges per month.
Are Brother printer cartridges recyclable?
To participate in Brother’s toner and ink cartridge collection and recycling program, simply reuse the shipping box from your new Brother toner and ink cartridges to package and send back your used cartridges. …
How do I dispose of label maker cartridges?
Sharp cartridges can be recycled at any Staples store, or Sharp can send you a recycling kit with collection boxes including pre-paid shipping labels to return them free of charge.
How do I dispose of my old HP printer?
HP has three options for your old products:
- Drop off items at any Staples at the US.
- Mail back items for recycling via Fedex.
- Mail back items for trade in.
Does HP recycle printers?
HP has recycled computer and printer hardware since 1987. Our end-of-life programs benefit our customers and the environment as well as our business.